Full Stack Recruiter & Brand Lead
New York, NY
People & Culture – Talent Acquisition
Bowery Valuation is the world’s first truly tech-enabled commercial appraisal firm. We’ve spent the past 4+ years building out our revolutionary product. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our tech and product team to continuously add new features and functionality to the Bowery platform. We are also the first ever venture capital backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $19MM. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
Who You Are
Bowery is looking for a full stack recruiter (tech + non-tech roles) in New York City to support us through rapid growth. (We will be doubling or even tripling our headcount over the next year, and will be establishing new satellite offices in several U.S. cities.) You should love making people feel like the center of the universe, optimize for candidate experience and have high EQ. We are looking for this role to own Employer Branding as well, so you should have strong chops with Adobe Creative, an eye for visualizing our culture and event planning. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. You are a self-starter with a desire to work in a dynamic startup environment. You are comfortable communicating with people both over the phone and in person, excel at data & analytics, and have a strong eye for detail. You are eager to transform the appraisal industry and to be part of something awesome.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Source candidates using a variety of search methods (including LinkedIn Recruiter, job boards, networking groups, external agencies, engineering boot camps, and more.)
- Work closing with hiring managers to develop job postings, job descriptions, position requirements, and take on initial phone screens.
- Stay on top of recruiting trends and practices. (We will plug you into NYC's recruiting leadership network if you're not already.)
- Find the right candidates to fill our rapidly growing team.
- Manage the interview process including scheduling, candidate experience optimization, branded candidate material creation and dissemination, coordination, and feedback reconciliation.
- Plan and host pre and post interview huddles.
- Own Employer branding, including content & design of our careers page (in partnership with our VP of People, Marketing, and Design Lead), development of high quality branded candidate materials, event planning, and more.
- Represent Bowery at recruiting & industry events, including partnerships with bootcamps.
- 2 - 4 years of in-house recruiting experience at a tech start-up (or 6+ years of agency experience).
- Demonstrated success with both technical and non-technical roles.
- Demonstrated success at timely placement.
- High EQ and ability to build and foster strong and collaborative relationships across all departments and levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to independently develop processes and process improvements
- Experience with Lever, Greenhouse or similar ATS. (We use Lever.)
- Creative and successful efforts to improve diversity
- Ability to visualize, brand and sell "the Bowery Way" externally.
- Can multi-task without dropping any balls.
- Excitement to work in a scrappy start up environment where we all roll our sleeves up and contribute to projects big and small, where needed. (All while wearing clothes we're comfortable in.)
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/Rx, vision, and dental coverage
- Company paid ancillary benefits
- Flex time and generous PTO
- Paid gender neutral parental leave
- $500 experience bonus. (Each year employees receive up to $500 (net!) to spend on a new experience of their choice.)
- Company events: Social clubs, Women at Bowery, monthly lunches, weekly Fika, employee resource groups, and more.
This role does not require a degree. We are open to all qualified candidates, whether formally educated, or self taught. We are looking for the a person who is driven by Bowery's mission, understands and can translate our culture (you'll often hear this referred to as "The Bowery Way"), and who has proven success at sourcing and placing top quality candidates.
This role has opportunity for advancement; We're keenly focused on working with those who are committed to helping us reinvent appraisals into a tech-enabled, modern, innovative industry.