Certified Residential Appraiser
New York, NY
Valuation – Appraisal
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of our kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first-ever venture capital-backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
About the Role:
Bowery is looking for a state-certified residential real estate appraiser who can assist Bowery in completing residential real estate appraisals (condo/co-op, single-, two- to four-family properties) for our growing client base. Travel to new locations in and around the NY/NJ metro area. The ideal candidates will be completing real estate inspections when necessary and familiarity with residential form filling software is a must. Also, potential candidates with knowledge of residential appraisal theory, concepts, and geographical competency should apply. This job involves working in a team environment and meeting new and interesting people in the real estate industry on a daily basis.
- Competently complete condo, co-op, single- and two- to four-family valuations with form-filling software. (Alamode/Total)
- Search for comparables sales within the NJ/NY metro area
- Speak with borrowers and clients in conjunction with our business development team to communicate and discuss appraisal methodology with clients when necessary
- Inspections would be necessary for high-end residential real estate
- Clearly and intelligently discuss appraisal assignment results with reviewers when necessary
- 1+ years experience
- A valid driver’s license,
- A state-certified residential real estate appraiser certification
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to comply with deadlines
- Communicates well with clients and business development team
- Able to timely communicate with appraisers and others on Bowery team effectively via Slack or on the phone.
- Ability to walk upstairs, climb a ladder and walk into basements when necessary to complete inspection.
- Experience with client communication and delivering assignment results when needed
- Familiar with IOS since the bowery mobile inspection app
- Experience working form filling software (Alamode)
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- Medical, vision, dental coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Company events
- And more!