New York, NY
Product, Technology, and Design – Design
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of our kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first ever venture capital backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
About the Role:
Bowery is looking for an ultra-talented Graphic Designer who will thoughtfully elevate our brand across all platforms. As part of our cross-functional Design team, you will have the opportunity to utilize a wide range of design skills throughout a highly-iterative, consumer-focused design process. The Graphic Designer will collaborate closely with our Design Lead and stakeholders to further evolve our brand, while ensuring consistency and integrity of our creative vision.
- Partner with Business Development and Customer Experience to research, conceptualize, and design visually compelling assets that appeal to our target consumer.
- Provide exceptional design support to all facets of the company.
- Execute on multiple projects in parallel to produce various business materials including; sales decks, email templates, website pages, blog illustrations, presentations, social media graphics, etc.
- Provide, and invite, constructive feedback to and from other designers to continuously elevate the quality of our brand and product.
- Clearly and efficiently communicate design concepts to the broader team, while building out supporting documentation and guidelines.
- Manage the organization and socialization of typography, icons, logos, illustrations and other assets for multiple platforms and departments.
- Manage print production and creatively direct outside vendors to ensure branded materials are delivered quickly and held to high quality standards.
- At least 2 years of experience working as a graphic or visual designer and/or a bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or another related field.
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create visually compelling designs across multiple platforms.
- Exceptional communication skills and receptiveness to constructive feedback.
- The ability to produce high-quality designs, both independently and in collaboration with others.
- A passion for and ability to create brand illustrations.
- An eagerness to advance your design capabilities, delve into new tasks, and take ownership of projects with limited direction.
- A keen eye for spotting inconsistencies and a strong foundation in formal design elements including; typography, layout, color, composition, hierarchy, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Acrobat.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), and Keynote.
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- Medical, vision, dental coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Company events
- And more!