Financial Analyst – Contractor – Project Based/Remote
Miscellaneous – Operations
Manager needs candidates who have IT experience with Finance and Accounting systems and business processes and will ideally have been a part of transformation initiatives such as implementing new ERP systems
Candidate will work on client transformation projects
- Document the current state of Finance, General Ledger and Accounting business processes including workflows, systems used, integration, data governance, manual processes, etc.
- Document key financial measurements and how they are calculated, supporting processes and structure
- Document supporting financial management of Finance customers i.e. other departments within an organization who use processes such as project cost accounting, labor allocation, work orders, GL granularity, etc.
- Analyze current processes for efficiencies, accuracy, data integrity, redundancies, and opportunities to improve and/or leverage technology usage.
- Develop business process reports documenting findings in clear, objective language accompanied by graphs, workflow diagrams, tables etc. to clearly document how work is accomplished.
- Analyze, identify and develop unmet needs and collaborate on the design of recommendations and roadmaps to support clients’ decisions regarding transformation, changes, and technology assessments.
- Analyze the financial statements, budget, forecast and other client reporting for opportunities to improve its value and effectiveness
- Identify opportunities to improve financial controls and metrics
- Identify opportunities to optimize end-to-end Finance and Risk processes
- Identify opportunities to partner cross-functionally to improve operations and efficiency and support financial customers across the organization
- Analyze variances and financial reporting for opportunities for improvement in organizational analysis, stewardship and reporting
- Partner with internal teams, Business, IT, Finance, and other areas to drive financial analysis, modeling and reporting for development of business reports and support of implementation of changes
- The ideal candidate will leverage their expertise to collaborate across multiple areas, explore and document opportunities for doing things in new ways, and identify improvements in work processes to increase efficiency.
- Work with other Finance Analysts/Managers within IT and partner organizations
- Work with Project Managers, Program Managers and Program Leadership
- Work with key stakeholders in the areas of Overall Program, Planning, budgeting & Financial Controls as well as other Departments throughout the organization as needed to support organizational efficiency and performance.
- The ideal candidate will be part of a high-performing team and be expected to take ownership of their areas of responsibility, their deliverables and project deadlines, and given the opportunity to grow and lead.
- Ability to turn data exports into analysis in Excel
- Experience working virtually, managing based on deliverables,
- Ability to self-direct day to day activities to manage project tasks and deliverables
- 7+ years of relevant experience, can be a blend of education and experience
- Bachelors in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of financial concepts such as NPV, IRR, EVA, etc
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to distill complex analysis
- Strong financial systems and business application knowledge (ERP, PeopleSoft is a plus)
- Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills (Willingness to drive communication with partners)
- Adept at prioritization (time management, managing multiple projects) and understanding sense of urgency
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment
- Ability to apply process improvement and standardization, analytical approaches to create meaningful and measurable business impact is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to synthesize data and develop English composition to communicate business documentation for various audiences – executive, project team, employee, etc.
- Strong service delivery and quality orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Knowledge of advanced Excel required
- Exposure to the software analysis, assessment and implementation methodologies a plus
20-30% travel required