Senior Engineer - Front-end NYC
New York, NY
Information Technology – Engineering
As a UI Front-End Engineer you'll deliver innovative platforms at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the digital web. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Responsible for the applications architecture, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- Must have years of experience in using Version Controls like Git and Tools like Jira forth Agile methodologies.
- Experience with REACT/Redux preferred
- Expertise with using RESTful APIs
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Understanding of web performance optimization techniques.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.