Senior Engineer - Front End
New York, NY /
Information Technology – Engineering /
- Collaborate with software developers within the product teams.
- Contribute to the design of the key events needed to support analytic reporting for each of the loyalty products
- Work in a multi-functional team with other engineers to design, build, test and deploy software systems
- Develop frameworks and approaches for measuring and testing availability, performance, and product analytics of our consumer facing internet websites
- Code and Develop logging and tagging of our web products and service API's
- Design, develop and support the web analytics instrumentation architecture
- Focus on developing a deep understanding of business KPIs for different digital products, and define and implement the analytics data capture to support business initiatives.
- Develop, test, and validate new analytics data capture designs, with consideration for stakeholder reporting needs and long-term business goals
- Triage analytics-related issues
- Proactively investigate traffic, conversion, and performance trends using customer transaction and web analytics data.
- Identify opportunities to expand web analytics collection, especially as they relate to key performance indicators in customer lifecycles
- Create compelling summaries and visualizations of datasets using available tools.
- Create and maintain reports, dashboards, and presentations explaining findings and recommendations.
- Establish monitors and alerts for pro-active monitoring of data and performance changes.
- Own the end-to-end process of testing analytics implementation requests, including but not limited to, web analytics enhancements and fixes, third party pixels, including QA, QC and debugging of analytics codes
- Full stack software development experience in multiple project environments
- Working knowledge of the elements of modern full-stack web architectures, including single page applications, web security, microservices, functions-as-a-service, event-driven architecture, job scheduling, relational and non-relational database systems, and streaming and distributed data processing
- Familiarity with SPLUNK, Kafka
- Familiarity with standard software engineering practices like source code control, code review, and continuous integration and delivery using GIT
- Familiarity with JIRA and RALLY
- 7+ years of experience in the digital industry with 5+ experience in web analytics on large scale consumer facing internet websites
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), tag management, web log data mining, and data visualization
- Advanced knowledge of Web Analytics Implementation best practice, and hands-on practical experience managing complex implementations.