Relationship Manager I - Banking
Basking Ridge, NJ
Miscellaneous – Operations
Relationship Manager is responsible for the sales, service and retention of business clients. Duties include actively managing and maintaining an assigned portfolio of business clients and building new relationships with prospects through business development.
Incumbent must travel regularly throughout the Bank’s service area; must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
- Minimum of 5+ years of business development in a banking environment
- Minimum of 3+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in customer service support with business customers
- Cross selling of products and services to consumer/business customers and prospects.
- Extensive understanding of bank products and services
- Experience in coaching- Helps others build their capability by providing on-going guidance and feedback.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with relevant computer programs requiring maintenance of customer records, reports and presentations.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of progressive banking experience is a must
- 2+ years of experience in a management role is a must
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimum commitment of 80% of the work schedule towards business development.
- Business development activities include conducting visits to existing clients within the assigned portfolio, participating on joint calls with Regional Managers, Branch Managers, Relationship Managers and other lines of internal/external business partners.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with COI (center of influence) contacts that lead to a steady source of referrals of business.
- Provide customer service support to business customers.
- Cross sell products and services to consumer/business customers and prospects.
- Achieve targets for business growth by evaluating, designing and implementing a sales approach necessary to meet or exceed goals.
- Enhances organization reputation while representing the financial institution in various community and networking groups to build developmental leads and community awareness.
- Monitor, track, and report individual results to include deposit growth, new account production, and retention statistics on a regular basis to the First Vice President, Branch Administrator.
- ; makes recommendations for improvements as needed based on customer/employee feedback.
- Execute all duties of a Branch Manager role, as needed, to include but not limited to the effective management of the sales, service and operational/compliance responsibilities of the assigned branch and/or branches.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule and is available on Saturdays and/or Sundays, as well as the ability and willingness to travel to and support branch locations.
- Adhere to high ethical standards and comply with all applicable policies and procedures associated with the performance of the job’s function; including completion of all required training and identification of suspicious activity.
- Community involvement
Employment eligibility to work in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions