Network & IT Infrastructure Specialist
Basking Ridge, NJ
Banking – IT Infrastructure
Liaison with the outsourced IT provider as support of the Bank’s local, wide, wireless, Internet, and Intranet networks, telephone systems, and all related software programs. Maintains system specifications; ensures that the Bank’s systems are operating in secure and stable manner. Works with outsourced provider to deploy technology strategies to accommodate current and future organizational needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Security Administrator for Core system - FIS Horizon
- Monitor network activities performed by outsourced provider including backup activities and identifying Company sensitive data.
- Participate in all new projects/products as required.
- Investigate possible alternatives to new projects/products.
- Ensure that controls exists for new projects/products and develop/test controls to maintain compliance if necessary.
- Review and monitor network activity.
- Review Firewall policies.
- Ensure timely and satisfactory completion of IT requests and daily trouble issues
- Remain informed of current developments in computer hardware, software, and other technologies.
- Ensure vendor selection is cost effective.
- Remain informed of all regulations, policies, and procedures that impact their area of responsibility and ensure compliance/adherence.
- Ensure satisfactory audits.
- Three to five (3-5) years of technology experience and administrative applications related to computer operations; preferably in a financial institution.
- Experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Experience with Cisco routers and related
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with all employees, customers, and vendors.
- Knowledge of: current industry trends, products, and services in information systems, processing equipment, and software (i.e. Microsoft).
- Ability to read and interpret regulatory rules.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Obviously, regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of every job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, use tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.