Information Technology – Architecture
As a Vice President of Technology organization you will need to have substantial experience in developing large scale and enterprise-grade distributed systems, software engineering and operations.
- The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Industry recognized engineering prowess.
- Transformative and innovative leader who is a proven catalyst for change.
- Ability to shape long-term strategy, vision and architecture for platform engineering.
- Customer-centric, Proactive, Flexible & Outcome-focused.
- Own the end-to-end platform architecture & engineering of AXP’s global remittance capabilities.
- Drive the platform modernization of their engineering culture, tools, processes and frameworks.
- Lead scrum teams, sprints and releases – including feature planning, backlog prioritization, stakeholder management, defining technical OKRs, continuous improvement in velocity & productivity and issue management.
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentorship to software engineers, architects and other team members.
- Lead design thinking exercises to identify new ideas, methods and approaches for modern software development; includes simplification and reengineering opportunities.
- Work across engineering and product teams to accelerate implementation through use of OKR’s, designing lean processes, tech industry best practices and a continuous platform blueprint.
- Understand the evolving security, compliance and regulatory environments with key focus on ensuring we proactively eliminate vulnerabilities.
- Build a team culture that is customer centric, data driven, agile and innovative.
- 10+ years software development experience with a demonstrable track record of building technically demanding platforms
- 5+ years developing cutting-edge technology to delivery payment and digital products
- 5+ years proven leadership experience of large, fast-paced and dynamic engineering teams
- Extensive and recent hands-on experience engineering and successfully implementing complex, large scale, enterprise software products and cloud native platforms, in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Recent hands-on experience in the development of enterprise-grade API(s).
- Recent experience with agile development methodologies.
- Recent hand-on experience with modern software engineering concepts (e.g. CI/CD, DevOps, rapid prototyping, test automation, containers, microservices, etc.).
- Backlog juggler with a proven ability align product roadmaps with sprint/program increment cycles; managing to OKRs
- Maturity managing complex platforms that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to flip seamlessly between customer, executive stakeholder and engineering dialogs.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels of a matrixed organization across varying functions
- Ability to establish credibility with engineers quickly
- Capable of motivating people, instilling accountability and achieving results
- BS / MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred