Senior iOS Engineer/iOS Engineer
New York, NY
Financial Services – Engineering
Our client is looking for iOS Engineers to work on mobile applications that will be used by tens of millions of customers around the world. We want someone with strong technical skills and creativity who enjoys solving tough problems and working with new technologies. You should not be shy about sharing your ideas, and be obsessive about user experience and beautiful code.
You'll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms. Mobile Engineering's aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before , at , or after the time of purchase.
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. Your primary responsibilities will be to work with a small team of engineers developing mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies , and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
- Contribute to the design , architecture , and development of apps that are elegant , efficient , secure , highly available , and maintainable
- Works closely with other developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Contribute insights into ways to improve our processes and tools
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive "can-do" attitude in a fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan , design , develop , test , and maintain the Android application
- Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or 2+ years of equivalent experience in related disciplines
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps , mobile payments , and wearables
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in iOS Development and 4 years of experience in Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements , analysis , design , implementation , testing , and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall , Agile , etc.)
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Experience working with testing suites
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing , building and deploying iOS apps
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Experience in making asynchronous network calls
- Experience with auto-layout
- Understanding of code versioning using git , github and gitflow.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with UI animations a plus
- Experience with Swift and/or Functional programming is a plus
- Experience with payments technology is a plus
- Apps published in the Apple App Store is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with the client in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.