Database Operations Engineer, Sr.
You believe in managing databases and not databases managing you, you believe in scale, you believe in automation and you believe in challenge. Box has the right opportunity for you in our Database team. Database Operations team is currently seeking a Senior Database Operation Engineer with good experience in database engineering and administration. Deep involvement and experience with MySQL and potentially with NoSQL systems is a must. You will work closely with our development teams, and also be involved in architecture and database infrastructure discussions. You will be part of a tight knit team of experienced database engineers. Checkout some of our Opensource monitoring applications projects - Anemometer and RainGauge -; and our MySQL experience sharing platform on http://dbhangops.net
- Develop strategies to scale out MySQL deployment in multiple data centers.
- Setup and support MySQL master/master, master/slaves replication servers.
- Design and implement tools to automate database operation and monitoring.
- Plan and execute tests for fault tolerance capabilities, including: backup/recovery, replication, cluster failover and disaster recovery.
- Problem analysis, solution determination, modification, and documentation.
- Measure and analyze MySQL and HBase performance and implement changes to improve performance.
- Perform database load testing and benchmarking.
- Plan and participate in software development from inception to completion.24X7 on-call rotation.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science or similar areas or equivalent work experience.
- Must have 5+ years of MySQL and Linux experience in a large scale database environment.
- Must have expert level knowledge in MySQL 5x, complete understanding of different engines and related utilities such as Maatkit/Percona Toolkit, mysqladmin.
- Must have experience with MySQL monitoring tools (i.e., nagios, cacti, splunk, OpenTSDB).
- Must have expertise in backup/recovery/fail-over methods and best practices.
- Experience in scripting languages, such as PHP, Shell, Perl, Python.
- Experience with engineering / Administration with noSQL systems (Hbase preferred).
- Experience with Tungsten HBase replication is a big plus.
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Los Altos, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.