NOC Technician - 3rd Shift (Austin, TX)
Box is looking for an Operations Technician (Tier I) to join our Operations team and support an amazing product. It is the responsibility of the Operations Technician to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that affect the availability and quality of our platform. You will employ investigative and troubleshooting skills to identify, isolate, and resolve routine to very complex system and network issues. You will need to communicate with technical staff to ensure issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and have very strong technical, communication, and organizational skills within a fast-paced and exciting environment. The ideal candidate should be passionate, creative, flexible, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy solving technical issues. This role is for the 3rd shift (11 PM - 9 AM CT.)
- Working the 3rd shift (11 PM - 9 AM CT.)
- Working with NOC related tools and monitoring applications.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting a network environment, including routing equipment, UNIX based operating systems and proprietary software.
- Communication with internal groups to report or resolve system related or network issues.
- Work with third-party maintenance, co-location facility staff and major internet backbone providers to identify and resolve customer affecting network, hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
- Tracking and documenting daily work tasks and issues and communicating them with the rest of the team.
- Paging on-call personnel as needed.
- Knowledge of basic UNIX command line tools.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and other Internet based protocols.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and the ability to diagnose and troubleshootbasic issues.
- Knowledge of routing protocols.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, initiative and leadership abilities.
- Effective analytical, planning, organizational, and documentation skills.
- Passion for cloud technologies
About Box: Box provides a secure way to share content and improve collaboration on any device. Desktop, tablet or mobile. From huge corporations to mom and pop stores, Box believes technology should never limit anything you do. Businesses of any size can be more productive, inventive and powerful on Box. The company is well funded by top VC firms like Andreessen Horowitz, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and U.S. Venture Partners. Box is proud to be on Forbes’ list of America’s Most Promising Companies, is used in 240,000 businesses - including 99% of the Fortune 500 – and is the go-to product of 27 million people.