Helpdesk Technician (Austin, TX)
Dear Texas, We at Box have been long time admirers of your style, culture, and energy, which is why we are so excited to announce that we're going to be neighbors! Box is opening shop in Austin, and while we are sending some of our Silicon Valley Boxers to get things started, we want local talent (including those in Dallas, Houston, and surrounding areas) to join the Box family. Love, Box --- Box is looking for an Help Desk Technician to join our corporate IT team. We provision a mix of OSX and Windows machines for our internal Business Partners along with a lot of Cloud apps, but I am guessing you knew that. To be successful in this role you need to have a good knowledge of either Mac or Windows operating systems, if you have both that is totally awesome but don't worry we will train you if you don't. Most importantly you must be a team player and have an insane need and desire to help people solve their computer problems as quickly as you can so they can get back to work.
- Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of Mac/PC systems, mobile devices, and office printers.
- Onboard weekly new hires including provisioning of laptops, monitors, and peripherals.
- Install/test/troubleshoot applications.
- Support and maintain a PBX/voicemail system.
- Create FAQ and maintain a Knowledge Base.
- Assist in scaling support for a rapidly growing company.
- Window/Mac System Support and Troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with imaging and other corporate system management techniques preferred.
- Have a “knack” for technology – able to figure out any system.
- Great people skills are a must.
About Box: Box provides a secure way to share content and improve collaboration on any device. Desktop, tablet or mobile. From huge corporations to mom and pop stores, Box believes technology should never limit anything you do. Businesses of any size can be more productive, inventive and powerful on Box. The company is well funded by top VC firms like Andreessen Horowitz, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and U.S. Venture Partners. Box is proud to be on Forbes’ list of America’s Most Promising Companies, is used in 180,000 businesses - including 97% of the Fortune 500 – and is the go-to product of 20 million people.