Sr. Software Engineer, Analytics Infrastructure
Our Mission: Build a scalable analytics platform to ingest, process & provide interactive access to rich analytics information for both internal & external customers. As a fast growing company, we are collecting billions of information on our services and applications and the way they are used. Our data is used for both internal & external reporting, driving product features, tuning our applications, driving strategy decisions for the company, monitoring and managing our features and services. We are looking to hire infrastructure engineers with a passion for scalable infrastructure & big data technologies. As a Senior Software Engineer in the Analytics Infrastructure team, you will be building the end-to-end platform and infrastructure to do both batch & real-time data crunching. You will also be building the service layer to provide interactive access to analytics for both internal & external customers. You will be working with cutting edge open source technology such as Hadoop, Kafka and Storm. Find out about our engineering team at our tech blog (http://tech.blog.box.com/), or by following us at www.twitter.com/BoxEng and www.youtube.com/boxeng.
- Design & implement a high-throughput data pipeline and a real-time analytics platform
- Design & implement the data model to store and process billions of events.
- Build highly available and scalable services to enable access to analytics data
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams who rely on the platform and the infrastructure.
- Work with open source technology including Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, HBase etc.
- 5+ years of experience
- Passion for big data
- Experience building scalable distributed systems
- Strong programming in Java/Scala
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and performance optimization strategies
- Experience with Hadoop, HBase preferred.
Find out about our engineering team at our tech blog (http://tech.blog.box.com/), or by following us at www.twitter.com/BoxEngand www.youtube.com/boxeng. About Box: Box provides a secure way to share content and improve collaboration on any device. Desktop, tablet or mobile. From monolithic corporations to mom and pop stores, Box believes technology should never limit anything you do. Businesses of any size can be more productive, inventive and powerful on Box. The company is well funded by top VC firms like Andreessen Horowitz, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and U.S. Venture Partners. Box is proud to be on Forbes’ list of America’s Most Promising Companies, is used in 240,000 businesses - including 99% of the Fortune 500 – and is the go-to product of 27 million people. #LI-ENG