Technical Program Manager - New Product Introduction
Oakland, CA /
If you’ve ever wanted to get in on the ground floor of a robotics company that is poised to transform a massive and exciting industry in the short term, Boxbot is the company for you! Our product builds upon rapid advancements in the material handling automation industry from the last two decades with a unique approach that will change the way e-commerce packages are delivered to our doorsteps.
We’re a close-knit team that has been pursuing our vision since 2017. As a Series A company with $20M in funding raised to date, we’re quickly expanding in order to bring our product to market soon. Every new team member will have a foundational role with significant creative ownership within their focus area. We are seeking teammates who take pride in their work and who get excited about building and iterating on new systems with significant responsibility.
The Technical Program Manager for New Product Introduction will be at the forefront of shepherding new Boxbot products from engineering prototypes to production. They will be responsible for coordinating timelines and budgets across teams. They will also be responsible for proactively developing strategic supplier partnerships and working with customers to manage requirements.
- Project manage engineering, prototyping, and pilot projects across functional teams in order to drive on-time, successful delivery of critical milestones
- Help lead the creation of engineering timelines and roadmaps
- Drive key interactions with suppliers -- proactively source new options, establish relationships, negotiate contracts with new and existing suppliers
- Work with system integrators and partners to grow and establish strategic relationships
- Help grow the NPI, project management, purchasing teams from scratch with a leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus
- 5+ years related experience in robotics or material handling automation desired
- Strong communication and negotiation capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills and track record of taking initiative to launch products
- Technical fluency related to automation systems and components and an ability to discuss technical details with suppliers, partners, and customers
- Existing relationships or knowledge of industry suppliers is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with project management tools and best practices
- Proven ability to manage budgets and complete projects on time within scope
We are headquartered in Oakland, CA in the Jack London Square area with an easy commute via Bart, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking. We take the well being of our teammates seriously, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and more! We also allow for flexible work schedules and remote options when possible.
If you love new projects, building awesome products and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below.