C++ Software Developer
Oakland, CA /
If you’ve ever wanted to get in on the ground floor of a robotics company that is poised to transform a massive and exciting industry in the short term, Boxbot is the company for you! Our product builds upon rapid advancements in the material handling automation industry from the last two decades with a unique approach that will change the way e-commerce packages are delivered to our doorsteps.
We’re a close-knit team that has been pursuing our vision since 2017. As a Series A company with $20M in funding raised to date, we’re quickly expanding in order to bring our product to market soon. Every new team member will have a foundational role with significant creative ownership within their focus area. We are seeking teammates who take pride in their work and who get excited about building and iterating on new systems with significant responsibility.
As a software engineer with a focus in C++ programming, you will be responsible for developing and delivering high quality and low latency robotics application software for Boxbot’s advanced material handling facility. Come join a small but highly committed team of software engineers that strives to deliver robust and reliable warehouse automation/control software and help drastically modernize package delivery automation.
- Drive design of server level applications that coordinate actions of dozens of subsystems in our automated material handling facility
- Design, develop and debug low latency data processing systems in a compiled server side language (C++) to monitor and control automation robotics.
- Drive the development of a high performance Warehouse Execution System with an eye towards scalability, modularity, robustness, and tight integrations with the hardware.
- Influence continuous improvements and best software development practices within the team
- BS, preferably MS or higher degree in Computer Science especially if work experience is limited
- 5+ years of professional experience developing and deploying production level robotics and automation systems
- Experience with C++ (preferred) within a linux environment interfacing with Hardware [C is okay]
- Experience with in memory databases (Redis in particular) preferred
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git etc)
- Experience designing distributed data processing systems (Pub/Sub, TCP/UDP, gRPC etc) preferred
- Experience with cloud compute infrastructure (Docker etc) preferred
- Experience with test driven development is preferable. Our developers are involved significantly with testing and validation as well, as such a test and validation mindset is needed.
- Bonus: Startup experience and entrepreneurial mindset
We are headquartered in Oakland, CA in the Jack London Square area with an easy commute via Bart, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking. We take the well being of our teammates seriously, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and more! We also allow for flexible work schedules and remote options when possible.
If you love new projects, building awesome products and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below.