Senior Engineering Technician - Mechatronics
Oakland, CA /
We’re a team of builders focused on enabling delivery warehouses to meet the demanding growth of e-commerce. Our goal is to empower our partners to scale up and transform their operations through robotic technology and next generation warehouse intelligence. Between Amazon’s dominance in the next day delivery space causing the “retail-apocalypse” and rising demand of eCommerce by COVID-19, it has never been more critical to improve delivery through automation for retailers and parcel companies alike. Come build the future of e-commerce delivery with us!
As a Senior Technician - Electro-Mechanical, you provide hands-on expertise in installation and testing of warehouse automation systems. This will include sub-assembly, maintenance, and testing of advanced servos, conveyors, and sensors. You will work closely with Mechanical and Test engineers to build and support automated package handling prototyping, validation, and debugging.
- Assemble and maintain complex automated material handling systems
- Spearhead maximum reliability and uptime of operations
- Document test results and component-level failure analysis
- Support Mechanical and Electrical engineers in validating component builds and updates
- 5+ years experience in automated systems, robotics, or PLC
- Education or training in Electronics, Mechatronics, or similar discipline
- Proficient in reading wiring schematics
- Demonstrated experience with precision motor encoders, linear actuators, and powered conveyors
- Expert in motion control systems with mixed high and low voltage AC or DC power architectures
If you love working in small teams, are looking to make an impact as we bring our product to market, and you’re ready to transform the delivery capabilities for retailers and delivery companies worldwide, we want to hear from you!
Our engineering culture can best be summed up by the values of autonomy, mastery, purpose.
We are proud to be located in Jack London Square in Oakland, California.