Mechanical Design Engineer
Oakland, CA /
We’re a team of builders focused on enabling delivery warehouses to meet the demanding growth of e-commerce. We empower our partners to scale up and transform their operations through robotic technology and next generation warehouse intelligence.
Our small but mighty team has been focused on the delivery space for years, and we’re ready to bring our product to market. If you want to make an impact and are ready to transform the delivery capabilities for retailers and delivery companies worldwide, we want to hear from you!
As a core member of our hardware engineering team, you will design sophisticated material handling automation systems that will revolutionize the logistics industry. You will be at the forefront of designing our state-of-the-art automated hub purpose built for last mile delivery.
- 5+ years of mechanical design experience with automation or robotic systems
- 1+ years experience with material handling systems, warehouse automation, or similar
- Self-starter that wants responsibility and is comfortable on a small and dynamic team
- Experience with design for low and medium scale manufacturing
- Experience interfacing with controls engineers and electrical engineers throughout design and build process
- Fluent understanding of actuators and electromechanical systems
- Basic understanding of control systems and electronics
- Experience designing with CAD software (Solidworks preferred) in multi-user, production style environments
- Proficient at hands-on prototyping and working proactively with 3rd party machine shops and suppliers
- MS or BS with equivalent work experience
We are proud to be located in Jack London Square in Oakland, California.