Senior Backend Software Engineer
Oakland, CA /
We’re a team of builders focused on enabling delivery warehouses to meet the demanding growth of e-commerce. We empower our partners to scale up and transform their operations through robotic technology and next generation warehouse intelligence.
Our small but mighty team has been focused on the delivery space for years, and we’re ready to bring our product to market. If you want to make an impact and are ready to transform the delivery capabilities for retailers and delivery companies worldwide, we want to hear from you!
As a Backend software engineer, you will be responsible for developing and delivering high quality backend applications code for Boxbot’s advanced material handling facility. Come join a small but highly committed team of software engineers that strives to deliver robust and reliable warehouse automation/control software and help drastically modernize package delivery automation.
- Drive design of server level applications that coordinate actions of dozens of subsystems in our automated material handling facility
- Design, develop and debug low latency data processing systems in a compiled server side language (C++, golang etc) for Industrial automation/IOT applications
- Implement a Warehouse Executions System that reads physical sensors and controls physical actuations with a focus towards modularity and scalability
- Influence continuous improvements and best software development practices within the team
- BS, preferably MS or higher degree in Computer Science especially if work experience is limited
- 5+ years of professional experience developing and deploying production level backend services
- Experience designing distributed data processing systems (Pub/Sub, TCP/UDP, gRPC etc)
- Experience with in memory databases (Redis in particular)
- Experience with compiled server languages (C++, golang, ruby, java, etc)
- Experience with cloud compute infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git,, etc)
- Experience with test driven development is preferable. Our developers are involved significantly with testing and validation as well, as such a test and validation mindset is needed.
- Bonus: Startup experience and entrepreneurial mindset
We are proud to be located in Jack London Square in Oakland, California.