Mechanical Design Engineer ( Vehicle )
Boxbot is a well funded startup that builds and operationalizes robotic technology to automate the delivery supply chain. Boxbot significantly reduces delivery costs while increasing convenience, relieving traffic congestion, cutting greenhouse gas emissions and enabling commercial drivers to handle a rapidly growing number of deliveries.
As a leader of our hardware engineering team you will design autonomous electric vehicles that will revolutionize the logistics industry. You will be at the forefront of designing how Boxbots look and work!
- 5+ years of mechanical design experience with electric vehicles
- Experience with design for maintenance and design for low and medium scale manufacturing
- Comfortable leading internal industrial design and interfacing with 3rd party designers
- Fluent understanding of electromechanical systems and basic power electronics
- Proficient at hands-on prototyping and experience working proactively with 3rd party machine shops and suppliers
- Experience designing with CAD software in multi-user, production style environments
- Self-starter with experience working in small and dynamic teams
- MS preferred, or BS with equivalent work experience
Why work here?
Autonomy, mastery, purpose: We provide a clear mission so that you can self-direct your work, provide exceptional challenges to hone your skills, and help transform a supply chain that impacts the lives of millions of people. You get one of the early seats on a fast moving startup and you get to work with robots!
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and more! We are located in Jack London Square with an easy Commute via BART, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking!
If you love small teams, building an awesome product and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below. There’s no "resume abyss” here — we respond to every inquiry.