Senior Accountant (Part-time)
Business & Operations /
Boxbot transforms conveyors into intelligent, three-dimensional package handling systems. The platform can store, sort, and sequence size-agnostic, high throughput payloads while requiring a minimal physical footprint. Boxbot is driving down the cost of last mile delivery with unique applications built for various shipping centers. This is the rare chance to get in on the ground floor of a robotics company that is poised to transform a massive and exciting industry.
We’re a close-knit team that is well funded and are quickly expanding in order to bring our product to market. Every new team member will have a foundational role with significant creative ownership within their focus area. We are seeking teammates who take pride in their work and who get excited about building and iterating on new systems with significant responsibility.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support the accounting/bookkeeping needs of our team. This role is primarily remote but some travel to Alameda, CA may be required. Successful candidates will have a keen eye for detail and be highly organized.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, lead schedules (prepaid, debt amortization, deferred rent, deferred revenue, capital expenditures, et al), account reconciliations, and financial statements
- Budget to actual/variance analyses reporting and general budget management
- Manage taxes, licenses, and corporate fees
- Bill pay and accrual-based expense classification
- Revenue recognition and accounts receivable management
- BS/BA degree in accounting preferred, CPA a plus
- 5+ years of Accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong familiarity with MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Availability for weekly calls and check ins
- Work approximately 16 - 24 hours per week
- Willingness to learn about the robotics and logistics industry
We are headquartered in Alameda, CA with an easy commute via Bart, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking. We take the well being of our teammates seriously, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and more! We also allow for flexible work schedules and remote options when possible.
If you love new projects, building awesome products and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below.