Technical Product Manager
Alameda, CA /
Business & Operations /
Boxbot transforms conveyors into intelligent, three-dimensional package handling systems. The platform can store, sort, and sequence size-agnostic, high throughput payloads while requiring a minimal physical footprint. Boxbot is driving down the cost of last mile delivery with unique applications built for various shipping centers. This is the rare chance to get in on the ground floor of a robotics company that is poised to transform a massive and exciting industry.
We’re a close-knit team that is well funded and are quickly expanding in order to bring our product to market. Every new team member will have a foundational role with significant creative ownership within their focus area. We are seeking teammates who take pride in their work and who get excited about building and iterating on new systems with significant responsibility.
As the Technical Product Manager at Boxbot you will oversee the design and delivery of customized automation solutions. You will work with cross-functional teams to make sure everything runs smoothly and is delivered on time and within budget. This role is based in the Bay Area.
- Interface with customers and craft technical proposals tailored to specific applications in the parcel delivery and logistics industries
- Analyze customer requirements and work closely with cross-functional teams such as mechanical, software, and electrical engineering to design tailored automation solutions
- Create and maintain project timelines, roadmaps, and budgets, ensuring on-time and within scope delivery
- Oversee the end-to-end implementation process, encompassing product design, installation, calibration, and maintenance
- Lead supplier interactions, including sourcing, negotiations, and contracts, while fostering strategic relationships with system integrators and partners for business growth
- Participate in building and expanding the NPI, solutions engineering, and purchasing teams, in a leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field; MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering is a plus
- 8+ years of experience in robotics, industrial automation, mechanical engineering, solutions engineering, or project management.
- Experience delivering completed projects in material handling automation or robotics, preferably within the parcel delivery industry
- Strong knowledge of automation design principles and familiarity with 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Technical fluency related to automation systems and components, with the ability to discuss and negotiate technical requirements in detail
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, manage complex projects, and exhibit strong leadership skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to track requirements across multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with project management tools, best practices, and budget management
- Existing relationships or knowledge of industry suppliers is a plus but not required
We are headquartered in Alameda, CA with an easy commute via Bart, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking. We take the well being of our teammates seriously, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and more! We also allow for flexible work schedules and remote options when possible.
If you love new projects, building awesome products and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below.