Software Engineer ( Control, Planning and Optimization )
Boxbot is a well funded startup that builds and operationalizes robotic technology to automate the delivery supply chain. Boxbot significantly reduces delivery costs while increasing convenience, relieving traffic congestion, cutting greenhouse gas emissions and enabling commercial drivers to handle a rapidly growing number of deliveries.
You will lead our autonomous vehicle control, planning, and optimization team while also designing and implementing the software that will enable our autonomous electric vehicles to know where they are going in a complex world. You will be at the forefront of designing how Boxbots think!
- You have 5+ years experience designing algorithms in one or more of the following areas: control, path planning, routing, and optimization
- Extensive, demonstrable results in real-world applications
- You have personally designed and tested algorithms for production and maintained them once they were in production
- Experience with autonomous vehicles or mobility related applications
- Proficient in C++ with experience in Python, Ubuntu, and ROS
- Self-starter with experience working in small and dynamic teams
- PhD or MS preferred, or BS with equivalent work experience
Why work here?
Autonomy, mastery, purpose: We provide a clear mission so that you can self-direct your work, provide exceptional challenges to hone your skills, and help transform a supply chain that impacts the lives of millions of people. You get one of the early seats on a fast moving startup and you get to work with robots!
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and more! We are located in Jack London Square with an easy Commute via BART, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking!
If you love small teams, building an awesome product and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below. There’s no "resume abyss” here — we respond to every inquiry.