Sr Front End Developer
Cleveland, OH or Remote (USA) /
Engineering – Broadcaster Applications /
How You’ll Make an Impact
In this role, you will engage with product owners, as well as other Agile teams to actualize team goals while mentoring junior engineers in the group.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, develop, test, deploy, and maintain full-stack features, services, and microservices primarily in Vue.js and on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Maintain expertise in relevant languages and technologies. The BX team is responsible for the core customer-facing web applications (AngularJS, Vue.js) of our product ecosystem. You are not required to be proficient in all tech stacks, but a willingness to flex and learn is valuable
- Contribute to designing and building ideal user journeys and UX with your technical contribution including an ability to understand how individual features and changes impact the overall product offering strategy
- Achieve excellent project execution results by actively participating in sprint planning, kickoff, and review meetings
- Stay informed of emerging technologies and evaluate their value to the organization’s operations
- Mentor technical colleagues in your specific areas of technical strength and learn from technical colleagues that exhibit superior strength in technical areas you may have knowledge gaps
How You’ll Display Our Values
- Integrity: you will be a beacon of trust and ethical engineering among a team of talented engineers
- Collaboration: you will routinely interact with employees at all levels of the company, including company leadership and employees in other departments
- Judgement: you will make the best architectural decisions, even if you only have limited or at times unclear supporting data or requirements
- Achievement: you will contribute and develop reliable and high quality code that inspires colleagues and the broader organization
- Innovation: you will develop cutting edge features for our end-to-end live video streaming SaaS platform
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- High attention to detail and process
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of the live streaming ecosystem
- Experience with AWS or a related cloud service
- Experience with Go or exposure to microservice architectures
- Experience in a startup tech environment
BoxCast is a live streaming company based in Cleveland, Ohio, but we serve broadcasters and viewers in more than 200 countries. Our founders launched BoxCast back in 2013 with one purpose: to make people part of the experience.
Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people connect with their communities and reach those who can’t attend events in person. Our vision is to be the best live streaming company for organizations — always evolving and pursuing better ways to amaze our customers. We pride ourselves on our company values of integrity, collaboration, judgment, achievement, and innovation.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.