QA Engineer (SDET)
Cleveland, OH /
Engineering – QA /
At BoxCast, delivering quality products to our customers is paramount to our mission. As QA Engineer (SDET), you will be a part of the quality assurance team that is seeking to be an integral part of all cross-functional projects and teams, rallying around common goals to deliver value constantly to broadcasters and viewers. You a will provide key support to the QA development group in terms of testing, test analysis and providing feedback to the developers with key insights into what works and what doesn’t according to the stakeholder requirements. You are responsible for bringing strong testing execution and development and know-how to the group, developing strong and smart testing artifacts, supporting the testing protocols, and creating innovative ways to automate and expand product testing, and delivering quality products.
In this role, you will engage with the QA engineers, developers and product managers and help the QA team actualize team goals and work with other engineers in the group.
What You’ll Do
- Support the building of great testing environments, frameworks and tools
- Display experience and know-how in sound automation testing as well as understanding of QA testing flow from requirements gathering to creating tests and test cases based on those requirements, as well as establishing testing baselines and creating focus areas of testing.
- API and GUI testing and GUI testing
- Utilize tools such as Selenium, Node.js, Python, and/or Java for execution and some light development of QA test applications
- Display a willingness to grow and learn and pick up new skills
- Give insight to test results as well as apply constructive critique to them for creating great product development
- Use best practices for executing the tests in the testing frameworks and testing scripts and understand what and where the biggest impact is on testing (what we can and cannot test and why)
- Maintain the testing artifacts (scripts and test cases as test appliances that are created) and update them as needed
- Help the QA team set the processes and boundaries of what QA can and cannot do
- Deliver test reports for stake-holders and developers to see testing results and show increased ownership of test script execution and maintenance
- Actively participate in sprint planning, kickoff, and review meetings
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders and support organizational strategies and objectives
- Develop and drive KPIs for objective quality measurements
- Stay informed of technologies, tools, and vendors that BoxCast can or should be leveraging in order to improve our capabilities in the QA space
- Partner to build a DevOps culture through the extension of CI/CD best practices
How You’ll Display Our Values
- Integrity: Leads by example by exhibiting personal integrity in all ways. Takes responsibility for the organization’s effectiveness. Operates as a beacon of trust and ethical engineering guidance for a growing, high performing team
- Collaboration: Understands when to communicate and escalate information critical to business leaders and promotes a collaborative environment within the Engineering team
- Judgment: Thinks critically and makes decisions based on quantitative – not qualitative – measures
- Achievement: Thrives on execution and is motivated to develop great products that make an impact
- Innovation: Creates an environment that fosters creativity and smart risks in order to inspire indispensable solutions to complex problems and dramatic improvements to the business
- Bachelor's degree in quality engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in a quality engineering field
- Experience with automated QA tools, such as Selenium, Postman, or DataDog
- Experience with some scripting or programing language to build scripts (Python, NodeJS, Java or something of the like)
- Knowledge of SDLC and testing fundamentals
- Knowledge of CI/CD operations
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and execute with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and process
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of the live streaming ecosystem
- Experience in a startup tech environment
- Experience developing software applications
- Load and performance testing with tools such as JMeter
BoxCast is a live streaming company based in Cleveland, Ohio, but we serve broadcasters and viewers in more than 200 countries. Our founders launched BoxCast back in 2013 with one purpose: to make people part of the experience.
Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people connect with their communities and reach those who can’t attend events in person. Our vision is to be the best live streaming company for organizations — always evolving and pursuing better ways to amaze our customers. We pride ourselves on our company values of integrity, collaboration, judgment, achievement, and innovation.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.