Sr QA Engineer (SDET)
Cleveland, OH or Remote /
Engineering – QA /
How You’ll Make an Impact
At BoxCast, delivering quality products to our customers is paramount to our mission. As a Senior QA Engineer (SDET), you will be a central cog in cross-functional project and team work, rallying around common goals to deliver value constantly to broadcasters and viewers. You also will provide key support to the development teams in terms of testing, test analysis and providing feedback to the developers with key insights into what works and what doesn’t. You are responsible for bringing strong testing insight and know-how to the group, developing strong and smart frameworks and testing standards and protocols, as well as creating innovative ways to automate and expand product testing and delivery of quality products.
In this role, you will engage with developers and product owners, as well as support and help the QA Manager actualize team goals while mentoring junior engineers in the group.
What You’ll Do
- Build great testing environments, frameworks and tools with commanding knowledge of SDLC and testing fundamentals
- You'll build sound automation testing and understand QA development and testing flow from requirements gathering to creating tests based on those requirements as well as establish testing baselines and creating focus areas of testing
- Deliver results by engaging with your Agile team to accelerate development output and quality in support of sprint goals
- Show continuous reach and establishment of QA practice and deliver test reports that are public facing
- Achieve excellent project execution results by actively participating in sprint planning, kickoff, and review meetings
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders and support organizational strategies and objectives
- Develop and drive KPIs for objective quality measurements
- Give recommendations and best practices as well as apply them for creating automation for the different aspects of testing
- Use best practices for creating testing frameworks and testing scripts
- Understand what and where the biggest impact is on testing (what we can and cannot test and why)
- Manage the testing resources and artifacts (scripts and test cases as as test appliances that are created)
- Help the QA Manager set the processes and boundaries of what QA can and cannot do
- Leverage technology trends and tools by staying informed of technologies, tools, and vendors that BoxCast can or should be leveraging in order to improve our capabilities in the QA space
- Partner to build a DevOps culture through the extension of CI/CD best practices
How You'll Display Our Core Values
- Integrity: Leads by example by exhibiting personal integrity in all ways. Takes responsibility for the organization’s effectiveness. Operates as a beacon of trust and ethical engineering guidance for a growing, high performing team.
- Collaboration: Understands when to communicate and escalate information critical to business leaders and promotes a collaborative environment within the Engineering team.
- Judgment: Thinks critically and makes decisions based on quantitative – not qualitative – measures.
- Achievement: Thrives on execution and is motivated to develop great products that make an impact.
- Innovation: Creates an environment that fosters creativity and smart risks in order to inspire indispensable solutions to complex problems and dramatic improvements to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, quality engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in a quality engineering field
- Experience with automated QA tools, such as Selenium, Postman, or Datadog
- Experience with Selenium, Node JS, Python, Java for developing QA Test applications as well as some knowledge of CI/CD operations
- API and GUI testing experience
- Load and performance testing with tools such as JMeter
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach others to success
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and process
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of the live streaming ecosystem
- Experience in a startup tech environment
- Experience developing software applications
BoxCast is a live streaming company based in Cleveland, Ohio, but we serve broadcasters and viewers in more than 200 countries. Our founders launched BoxCast back in 2013 with one purpose: to make people part of the experience.
Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people connect with their communities and reach those who can’t attend events in person. Our vision is to be the best live streaming company for organizations — always evolving and pursuing better ways to amaze our customers. We pride ourselves on our company values of integrity, collaboration, judgment, achievement, and innovation.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.