Software Engineering Manager
Cleveland, OH or Remote (USA) /
Engineering – Core /
How You’ll Make an Impact
Connecting an individual to an important event they can’t attend in person is meaningful. Now imagine being part of helping hundreds of millions of viewers sharing these kinds of experiences. That’s what we do at BoxCast.
At BoxCast, our engineers are integral parts of our cross-functional Agile teams, rallying around common goals to deliver value constantly. As a Software Engineering Manager with a focus on core applications, you are responsible for bringing strong leadership to a group of talented engineers focused on application development for prospective broadcasters, and viewers.
In this role, you will manage, coach, empower, support, and contribute alongside the teams that you build and shape. You are expected to emerge as a leader in the organization, working hand-in-hand with the Director of Engineering to deliver results.
What You’ll Do
- Build a great team by hiring and retaining top talent
- Promote a collaborative, team-first culture focused on excellence
- Support the growth and development of each team member
- Drive results by supporting organizational objectives and key results
- Achieve excellent project execution results by actively participating in sprint planning, kickoff, and review meetings
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities and generate creative approaches to solve them
- Ensure that the team maintains a well-crafted architecture amidst rapid growth and that customers continue to be served reliably
- Stay informed of technologies, tools, and vendors that BoxCast can or should be leveraging in order to improve our product offerings
- Act as a Scrum Master/Agile Coach for one or more Agile development teams that include product owner, several developers, QA engineers, and other team members
How You’ll Display Our Values
- Integrity: you will lead by example by exhibiting personal integrity in all ways, taking responsibility for the organization’s effectiveness, and operating as a beacon of trust
- Collaboration: you understand when to communicate and escalate information critical to business leaders and maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders
- Judgment: you think critically and make decisions based on quantitative – not qualitative – measures
- Achievement: you thrive on execution and are motivated to develop great products that make an impact
- Innovation: you create an environment that fosters creativity and smart risks in order to inspire indispensable solutions to complex problems and dramatic improvements to the business
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in management
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proficiency in the entire software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coach others to success
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- High attention to detail and process
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of the live streaming ecosystem
- Experience in a startup or scale-up tech environment
BoxCast is a live streaming company based in Cleveland, Ohio, but we serve broadcasters and viewers in more than 200 countries. Our founders launched BoxCast back in 2013 with one purpose: to make people part of the experience.
Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people connect with their communities and reach those who can’t attend events in person. Our vision is to be the best live streaming company for organizations — always evolving and pursuing better ways to amaze our customers. We pride ourselves on our company values of integrity, collaboration, judgment, achievement, and innovation.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.