Sr Site Reliability Engineer
Cleveland, OH or Remote (USA) /
Engineering – Core /
How You’ll Make An Impact
At BoxCast, delivering quality products to our customers is paramount to our missions. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us develop, scale, and secure our infrastructure on the AWS platform. An ideal candidate will have a strong SRE/DevOps background as well as several years of infrastructure-as-code development experience, including writing scripts and code to deploy and manage cloud infrastructure, as well as experience with containerization.
Your expected contributions in various areas will depend on your level, and you'll be trained and mentored in areas that need development. We expect all engineers to passionately and relentlessly sharpen multiple skills.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the software engineers and quality assurance teams to architect, design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain full-stack features, services, and microservices primarily on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Maintain expertise in relevant languages and technologies, such as AWS, Terraform, Docker, and CI/CD tooling
- Achieve excellent project execution results by actively participating in sprint planning, kickoff, and review meetings
- Stay informed of emerging technologies and evaluate their value to the organization’s operations
- Mentor technical colleagues in your specific areas of technical strength and learn from technical colleagues that exhibit superior strength in technical areas you may have knowledge gaps
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product designers, software engineers, hardware engineers, and business leaders
- Provide active monitoring of system stability along with incident response during peak usage periods
- Provide technical support as the initial point of contact for internal escalations of production issues that come in via our monitoring tools and our customer support team
- Work with other engineering leaders to instill a culture of continuous improvement in our systems and operations as it pertains to SRE processes
How You’ll Display Our Values
- Integrity: Leads by example by exhibiting personal integrity in all ways. Takes responsibility for the organization’s effectiveness. Operates as a beacon of trust and ethical engineering guidance for a growing, high performing team
- Collaboration: Understands when to communicate and escalate information critical to business leaders and promotes a collaborative environment within the Engineering team
- Judgment: Thinks critically and makes decisions based on quantitative – not qualitative – measures
- Achievement: Thrives on execution and is motivated to develop great products that make an impact
- Innovation: Creates an environment that fosters creativity and smart risks in order to inspire indispensable solutions to complex problems and dramatic improvements to the business
- 5+ years of software related experience required i.e Site Reliability, DevOps, Release Engineering
- Cloud experience and architecture understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with APM tools such as DataDog, AppDynamics, or Splunk
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform, Azure RM, or CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker, Buildah, Skopeo, or other containerization tools
- Experience with programming languages commonly used in automation, such as Bash, Golang, Groovy, Python, and Ruby
- Experience with CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, or other continuous integration tools
- Experience using cloud authentication and authorization technologies, such as IAM or SAML
- Experience with secrets management tools such as HashiCorp Vault, AWS Secrets Manager
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's degree in the engineering field, or equivalent work experience
- Action-oriented mindset
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of the live video streaming ecosystem
- Experience in a startup tech environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach others to success
BoxCast is a live streaming company based in Cleveland, Ohio, but we serve broadcasters and viewers in more than 200 countries. Our founders launched BoxCast back in 2013 with one purpose: to make people part of the experience.
Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people connect with their communities and reach those who can’t attend events in person. Our vision is to be the best live streaming company for organizations — always evolving and pursuing better ways to amaze our customers. We pride ourselves on our company values of integrity, collaboration, judgment, achievement, and innovation.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.