Administrative Assistant/ Office Manager
Cleveland, OH /
Finance + Administration /
How You’ll Make an Impact
BoxCast is looking for an experienced administrative/executive assistant to create an environment that enables our team to do their best work and helps our visitors feel welcome. As the Administrative Assistant, you will own many daily administrative and facility functions – all of the important tasks that make an office experience great. This role will be a valued member of the Finance + Administration team, reporting to the VP for Finance + Administration, supporting the CEO and other leaders, and collaborating closely with People Operations.
This role will be required to work from the Cleveland office during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm).
What You’ll Do
- Perform administrative and office support activities, including staffing the front desk; distributing deliveries and receiving/sending mail; and ordering/stocking kitchen, cleaning, and office supplies.
- Maintain facilities by managing office vendors, organizing and stocking supplies, and ensuring common spaces are tidy and presentable.
- Provide strong executive assistance to the company leadership, including managing calendars and scheduling meetings; keeping track of important visitors and preparing for their arrival; composing and preparing confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents; and coordinating travel plans and itineraries
- Support an exceptional employee experience by managing internal needs, including assisting employees with questions and small administrative tasks like printing/scanning, collaborating with People Operations and/or leadership to coordinate events (all-hands meetings, board meetings, company parties), supporting the planning/execution of ad hoc events, and ensuring new employees’ desks are set-up for their first day as needed.
- Create an exceptional visitor experience by welcoming visitors and ensuring the entry space, conference rooms, and kitchen are ready for meetings and have necessary supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How You’ll Display Our Values
- Integrity: You are a beacon of trust and a trusted keeper of BoxCast’s image – whether it be confidential information you are asked to handle for a teammate or your day-to-day management of visitors to the office.
- Collaboration: You enjoy providing a helping hand to your teammates to assist them with achieving their goals.
- Judgment: You make wise decisions despite ambiguity and are able to work independently.
- Achievement: You strive to cultivate an amazing office experience for visitors and employees.
- Innovation: You learn rapidly and find creative resolutions to complex issues.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Uncompromising trustworthiness, practicing discretion and maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to anticipate needs and work independently to meet those needs
- Adaptability and dependability, managing competing demands and shifting priorities
- Ability and willingness to manage the needs of multiple leaders
- Ability to think on your feet with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, being friendly and positive in your interactions with internal and external partners
- Sincere interest in helping others, being approachable and knowledgeable
- Ability to work well with all types of people, including all levels of employees as well as outside clients and vendors
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, including strong grammar
- A minimum of 2 years of office management/administrative experience
- Ability to lift and move items up to 40 pounds
Nice to Haves
- Experience using software systems including Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Zoom, Slack, and/or the ability to quickly learn new tools
- 1 year of executive support experience
- Experience coordinating projects and events
- Interest in creating new processes, not just executing processes/procedures
BoxCast is a live streaming company based in Cleveland, Ohio, but we serve broadcasters and viewers in more than 200 countries. Our founders launched BoxCast back in 2013 with one purpose: to make people part of the experience.
Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people connect with their communities and reach those who can’t attend events in person. Our vision is to be the best live streaming company for organizations — always evolving and pursuing better ways to amaze our customers. We pride ourselves on our company values of integrity, collaboration, judgment, achievement, and innovation.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.