Dev Ops Engineer
Church Crookham /
Fotech – Engineering /
Fotech Solutions are one of the original developers of DAS (Distributed Acoustic Sensing) technology. Our technology can be found in over 25 countries worldwide. We were bought by BP Launchpad at the end of 2019, Launchpad is bp's business-builder and scale-up factory. We are part of an ambitious mission to build five billion-dollar businesses, tackling the dual-energy challenge by 2025. This is no mean feat, and it’s critical that we build a global culture and team that challenges itself to reach our goal.
That's us, but what about you?
You’ll be our first Dev Ops Engineer and will be responsible for bridging the gap between the development of the company’s DAS products and services. As this is our first DevOps role you will be critical in helping us identify and implement enhancements that improve the quality, productivity, and efficiency of our engineering team. Your work will also look to enhance the cohesion between our Engineering and Production teams.
You’ll do this by:
- Automate, Improve and maintain the environments and infrastructure for development and test teams
- Identify and implement best practices to ensure high-quality deliverables are released from the Engineer group
- Improve and streamline the CI/CD pipeline, including infrastructure, builds, releases
- Enhance and maintain automated tests for the company’s products and services
- Implement improvements to the deployment of products
- Act as a point of contact for operations/support team
- Actively participate in the development of Engineering and other company-wide processes
We want you to bring:
- Expertise in Linux based operating systems, python programming, and shell scripting
- Knowledge and expertise in Automated testing tools and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers (both internal and external), helping them to troubleshoot, resolve, and understand issues
- Change mentality. Part of our growth will be the development of how we sell & pitch our products. We want you to bring new ideas to the table, helping us develop our ways of working
By 2025, we intend to provide a world-leading flexible & fully scalable software solutions, integrating high performing sensors designed for ubiquitous, low capital deployment. We will do this through the talent and strength of our people.
If you feel like you are our first DevOps Engineer, apply today.