Tax Supervisor, International Tax Services
Tax – International Tax Services (ITS) /
BPM – where caring and community is in our company DNA, we are always striving to be our best selves; and we’re compelled to ask the questions that lead to innovation. As an International Tax Manager, you will be conducting thorough research and analysis, which will include tax planning, restructurings, transfer pricing, tax controversy, and audit defense. You will also be involved in relevant tax compliance activities where you will be engaged in diverse tax matters for multinational corporate clients. This role entails in-depth research and the preparation of technical memoranda to provide expert guidance to multinational businesses regarding the tax implications of their cross-border transactions. You will be instrumental in harmonizing U.S. tax laws and foreign tax laws to create an optimal global tax strategy for our valued clients.
Success in this position requires a high level of responsibility and visibility within our organization. Ideal candidates will be self-starters with excellent organizational skills, allowing them to excel in this role and make a significant impact.
Working with BPM means using your experiences, broadening your skills, and reaching your full potential in work and life – while also making a positive difference for your clients, colleagues, and communities. Our shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. Our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued and part of something bigger.
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Total rewards package: from flexible work arrangements to personalized benefit structures and financial compensation options that give you choice and flexibility.
- Well-being resources: interactive wellness platform and incentives, an employee assistance program and mental health resources, and Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) that provide safe spaces for colleagues to share, be heard, feel valued and deepen connections. Lance & flexibility: 14 Firm holidays including two floating holidays, Flex PTO, paid family leave, winter break, summer hours and remote work options, so you can balance challenging yourself with taking care of yourself.
- Professional development opportunities: A learning culture with CPA exam resources and bonuses, tuition reimbursement, a coach program, live classes, workshops and seminars offered by our Learning and Development team.
In this role, you will get to:
- Oversee multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete international tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Manage the delivery of a full range of international tax services and advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations as well as coordinate U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy.
- Consult clients on tax-efficient structuring of international transactions, effective use of tax treaties, planning related to offshore investments activities and repatriation strategies to minimize U.S. and foreign income taxes.
- Minimize worldwide tax burdens on business transactions and operations to support clients in making tax-efficient foreign investments and serve as a point-of-contact for client personnel with both tax and technical backgrounds.
For this role, you will:
- Be an active member of a state bar or CPA certification/license with a minimum 6 years’ experience in public accounting, law, or industry with an emphasis in International Tax and hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Provide In-depth knowledge of rules related to PFIC, Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credits that also reflect your strong analytical and research skills.
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in fast-paced, firm wide learning and development programs.
- · Caring people who put others first
- · Self-starters who embody the BPM entrepreneurial spirit
- · Authentic individuals with a diverse point of view
- · Lifelong learners with a drive to excel
- · Resilient people who rise to the occasion
Who is successful at BPM:
BPM LLP is one of the 40 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States with a global team of over 1,200 colleagues. A Certified B Corp, the Firm works with clients in the agribusiness, consumer business, financial and professional services, life science, nonprofit, wine and craft beverage, real estate and technology industries. BPM’s diverse perspectives, expansive expertise and progressive solutions come together to create exceptional experiences for individuals and businesses around the world. To learn more, visit our website.
$105,000 - $120,000/yr.
*The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.