Experienced Assurance Associate
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle.
Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
You Have (Requirements):
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 1+ years experience in public accounting; specific in industries including agricultural, wine and vineyard land, consumer products, investment banking, investment funds, real estate, and manufacturing is nice to have but not required.
- Licensed CPA, or in the process of obtaining the CPA.
- Experience auditing complex accounts like inventory, revenue, equity / stock options, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to continuously learn.
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables.
- Begin to understand client needs, identifies root causes of problems, and implements pragmatic solutions.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Responsible for working with multiple client engagements throughout the year.
- Responsible for communicating issues that arise during the audit engagement with the support of the engagement manager.
- Contribute to development and execution of audit strategy from planning to report.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving client satisfaction.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures.
- Draft financials and report audit findings (both verbal and written).
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
LinkedIn Code: #LI- JL1
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.