BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle.
Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
- Licensed CPA
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in public accounting
- Exposure to a variety of industries; preferred experience related to Technology, Life Science, Consumer Products and / or Financial Services
- SEC experience required
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to continuously learn
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables
- Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems, and implements pragmatic solutions.
You Will (responsibilities):
- Oversee multiple engagements and resolve all legal, regulatory, and accounting issues that arise during the audit engagement.
- Supervise and manage services to our clients, which include preparation of audit strategy and business plans, setting engagement budgets, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, and financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients' satisfaction.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures.
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.