Experience Tax Associate Nonprofit
San Francisco Bay Area
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
You have (requirements):
- 1+ experience in public accounting with an emphasis in nonprofit taxation or strong desire to focus on nonprofits.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Licensed CPA required.
- Experience with tax-exempt research for a variety of nonprofit organizations.
- The ability to conduct tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries.
- Able to balance multiple complex projects and deliver in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience mentoring and training entry level team members.
You will (job responsibilities):
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services for clients in nonprofit sector.
- Develop and deliver innovative financial planning ideas that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Perform complex tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries.
- Work collaboratively with tax staff on day-to-day delivery of tax consulting services to the client.