Tax Director (Non-Profit)
San Francisco Bay Area
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM, our leadership team and the Nonprofit Industry Group at: www.bpmcpa.com. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
You have (requirements):
- 10+ experience in public accounting with an emphasis in nonprofit taxation.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Licensed CPA required.
- Strong tax-exempt organizations research skills for a variety of nonprofit organizations.
- The ability to oversee complex tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects and deliver in a timely manner.
- Ability or interest in generating and building business, ability to delegate work and manage staff.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience mentoring and training more junior level team members.
You will (job responsibilities):
- Responsible for marketing, selling, designing, and implementing tax-planning strategies for clients in nonprofit sector.
- Maintain and developing client relationships as primary client contact on all tax compliance and consulting matters.
- Develop and deliver innovative financial planning ideas that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Oversee complex tax-exempt research projects for a variety of nonprofit clients and related industries.
- Work with clients to minimize their federal, state, and local tax liability.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Supervise tax associates' assignments and managing the day-to-day delivery of tax compliance / consulting services to clients.
- Develop and motivate tax associates by providing them with counseling, leadership and career guidance.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.