Advisory Operations Director
Corporate Services Team (CST) – Admin - Advisory /
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more. B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives. While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. BPM offers a rich diversity in clients, industries, and overall work. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
BPM’s Advisory practice group is looking for an Advisory Operations Director. This person plays a pivotal role in supporting the Head of Advisory Practice Group and their leadership team in executing complex strategic initiatives, fostering collaboration, and ensuring the efficient operation of the Advisory department. The Operations Director works closely with the Advisory Partners to align the Advisory operational strategies, goals and objectives with each department. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, well spoken individual who can provide confidential executive support while facilitating the successful implementation of key projects and strategies.
- Server as a trusted, and confidential though partner to the Head of Advisory, offering insights and support for complex problems, and current and future initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of Advisory strategies and priorities, to ensure alignment with departmental goals.
- Demonstrate facilitation and project management skills to effectively align key stakeholders and ensure execution of project deliverables.
- Assist in the development and execution of new business initiatives, business combinations or other strategic projects.
- Act as an ambassador for the Head of Advisory and leadership team, facilitating communication with other executive team members as necessary. Anticipate the needs of the Advisory leadership team and provide support and guidance to ensure departmental efficiency.
- Coordinate and manage Advisory organizational programs, including (but not limited to):
- Leading departmental and cross-departmental initiatives.
- Providing support in c connection with key metrics, status reports, special projects for departments.
- Developing and implementing prog.
- Engage in cross-functional collaboration with leaders to formulate and execute strategic and operational plans, encompassing long-term goals, strategies for market expansion, and client engagement. Additionally, successfully facilitate the delivery of these plans and implementation of launches.
- Develop and execute tactical strategies to ensure business projects, milestones, and policies are completed in a highly effective and timely manner. This includes department-wide initiatives, organizational reviews and redesign as required and planning and reporting optimization.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for streamlining and improving operations and lead efforts to implement change.
- Provide ongoing tracking and management of issues and risks related to Advisory initiatives and strategies, delivering meaningful metrics and summary reports.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Partners, CST leadership and stall at all levels. Work to eliminate barriers that hinder inter-and intra-departmental communications.
- Assist the Advisory Practice Group Leader (PGL) in their day-to-day responsibilities, including ensuring consistency and alignment of internal documents/presentations, and representing the Advisory PGL at meetings and across the organization as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a consultant/advisory capacity.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of successfully leading and implementing complex initiatives.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence cross-functional teams.
- High level of discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
$130 - $165 a year
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.