San Jose, CA
Assurance – Core /
BPM – where caring and community is in our company DNA; we are always striving to be our best selves; and we’re compelled to ask the questions that lead to innovation. As an Assurance Senior, you will execute audits, review work, consult and communicate with leaders and client personnel to complete assurance engagements.
Working with BPM means using your experiences, broadening your skills, and reaching your full potential in work and life—while also making a positive difference for your clients, colleagues, and communities. Our shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. Our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger. Because People Matter.
What you get:
· Total rewards package: from flexible work arrangements to personalized benefit structures and financial compensation options that give you choice and flexibility
· Well-being resources: interactive wellness platform and incentives, an employee assistance program and mental health resources, and Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) that…
· Balance & flexibility: 14 Firm Holidays including 2 floating, Flex PTO, paid family leave, winter break, summer hours, and remote work options, so you can balance challenging yourself with taking care of yourself
· Professional development opportunities: A learning culture with CPA exam resources and bonuses, tuition reimbursement, a coach program, and live classes, workshops, and seminars through BPM University
Who is successful at BPM:
· Caring people who put others first
· Self-starters who embody the BPM entrepreneurial spirit
· Authentic individuals with a diverse point of view
· Lifelong learners with a drive to excel
· Resilient people who rise to the occasion
· Responsible for day-to-day planning and execution of multiple client engagements throughout the year.
· Supervise associate level professionals and delegate engagement responsibilities.
· Responsible for communicating and resolving all issues that arise during the audit engagement with the support of the engagement manager.
· Develop and execute audit strategy from planning to reporting.
· Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving client satisfaction.
· Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures.
· Draft financials and report audit findings (both verbal and written).
· Develop, motivate, and mentor associates by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
· Licensed CPA, or in the process of obtaining the CPA.
· BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
· 2+ years’ experience in public accounting in a variety of industries including Technology, Life Sciences, Consumer Products, Financial services, or Non-Profits; SEC experience preferred.
· Experience auditing complex accounts like inventory, revenue, equity / stock options, etc.
· Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong desire to continuously learn.
· Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations.
· Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables.
· Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems, and implements pragmatic solutions.
The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.