Tax Intern (Winter 2023)
San Francisco Bay Area /
Early Career – Interns - Tax /
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Interns will work as staff through the busy season, working busy season hours, and experiencing what it is like to be an Associate at BPM from mid-January through the tax deadline on April 15, 2022. Depending on the intern’s availability, we are open to part-time or full-time internship schedules.
What we're looking for:
- An interest in beginning a career in public accounting
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in a BS/BA/MS in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- Students graduating between 5/1/2023 - 8/1/2024
- An interest in working close to one of our California Offices: Irvine, Long Beach, Menlo Park, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Monica, Santa Rosa, Stockton or Walnut Creek
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to work in a team environment
- A positive attitude mixed with an innate desire to learn Interest in a career in public accounting
You can expect to:
- Participate in a week-long training with members of our Tax and Learning & Development team
- Analyze data and prepare work papers and tax returns based on professional standards for a variety of entities and individuals
- Identify, research, and assess various tax issues while also providing information to seniors and managers
- Possess and maintain a thorough knowledge of tax laws and issues including IRS, Courts, and other regulatory bodies
- Socialize with other Tax interns and staff both virtually and in-person (where possible)
- Participate in Q&A's with our CEO, Jim Wallace and other high-ranking partners
- Present to senior leaders at the end of your internship about your experience and learnings
- Be assigned a "buddy" who will visit with you every week, answer your questions and help you with the various aspects of our process
Additional notes about the internship:
- This is a part-time winter internship that will begin on Thursday, January 12th, 2023
- While this is a fully "remote" internship, interns will have an opportunity to go into the office periodically and engage in live meetings and social events if possible
- We will work with your class schedule to determine which days/hours you're available to work
- In the past, Winter Interns have worked between 16-35 hours per week depending on availability
- Here's what our 2022 summer interns had to say about their experience at BPM: VIDEO
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
BPM COVID Vaccination Policy
Effective July 1, 2021, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter our offices until further notice. Fully vaccinated means there has been a 2 full week period since the last vaccine. All employees must wear a mask until further notice.