Business Analyst - Specialist (Projects)
San Francisco Bay Area
Corporate Services Team (CST)
The primary purpose of the Business Analyst - Specialist (Projects) role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management to deliver business value.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Deliver regular status reports.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Assist in conducting research on software/hardware products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Translate user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to vendors/the project team.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Work with Vendors to configure and implement purchased solutions based on collected requirements.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Participate in the testing of purchased solutions to ensure that the features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
You Have (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and testing.
- Experience in leading Implementation of off the shelf software and Project Management.
- Knowledge of leading industry software is desirable.
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.