Accounting Advisory Intern
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle between work and play.
Accounting Advisory Overview
BPM’s Accounting Advisory team (internally referred to as the Business Enterprise Service Team or "BEST") provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by conducting audits for presentation to investors, representing companies in securing loans and financing, developing succession plans and exit strategies, and supporting company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration. In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Service Team works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “Best Managed CPA Firms”
You Have (Requirements):
- Interest in a career in public accounting
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in Bachelors or Masters Program in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- Positive, enthusiastic energy
- The people skills to work with individuals in and out of the organization
- A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn
- Leadership skills
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Research basic and intermediate accounting topics and present more senior members with your proposed solution
- Develop and apply an intermediate knowledge of accounting principles
- Support accounting services for clients like assist in month-end close, including A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Participate in multiple engagements and begin to interact with client personnel.
- Be a contributing member to the team, soaking up information and competently analyzing and prioritizing information to make appropriate recommendations and suggest solutions.
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences, as needed.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the engagement teams
- Collaborate with clients, working hand in hand to deliver a quality product within the client’s time frame
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.