Assurance Intern (Summer 2019)
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle between work and play.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “Best Managed CPA Firms”
- Interest in a career in public accounting
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in a BS/BA/MSA/MST/Certificate Program in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- Completed the CA CPA Educational Licensure Requirements, or will have completed them by Fall 2019
- Positive, enthusiastic energy
- The people skills to work with individuals in and out of the organization
- A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn
- Leadership skills
- Research basic and intermediate accounting topics and present more senior members with your initial opinion
- Develop and apply an intermediate knowledge of auditing theory and a sense of audit skepticism
- Identify key issues and work with more senior team members to come up with an audit approach
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the engagement teams
- Connect key testing areas to the financial statement line items and ensure figures are properly supported
- Collaborate with clients, working hand in hand to deliver a quality product within the client’s timeframe.
- Perform direct auditing work on key financial statement line items such as Cash, Accounts Payable, and Inventory
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.