Tax Manager, Partnerships & Flow-Through
Tax – Flow-through Entity /
BPM – where caring and community is in our company DNA, we are always striving to be our best selves; and we’re compelled to ask the questions that lead to innovation. As a Flow Through Tax Manager, You will be involved in relevant tax compliance activities. You'll take care of the clients and work on growing the business. Your work will directly influence how well the firm does. In addition to your advisory work, you'll also get the chance to guide and support a group of talented staff. You'll be their mentor and coach, using your expertise to help them improve their technical and professional skills. It's an exciting opportunity to make a real impact on the company and help others grow in their careers.
If you're someone who loves numbers, enjoys helping people with their taxes, and wants to work in a team environment, then this role might be the perfect fit for you! A strong technical skillset and expertise in international tax statutory rules and regulations are crucial attributes for this position. If you are a skilled tax professional seeking a challenging opportunity to contribute to tax matters and possess the requisite technical acumen, we encourage you to apply. This role offers an exciting platform to elevate your career and thrive in an environment that values expertise and innovation.
Working with BPM means using your experiences, broadening your skills, and reaching your full potential in work and life – while also making a positive difference for your clients, colleagues, and communities. Our shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. Our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued and part of something bigger.
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Total rewards package: from flexible work arrangements to personalized benefit structures and financial compensation options that give you choice and flexibility.
- Well-being resources: interactive wellness platform and incentives, an employee assistance program and mental health resources, and Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) that provide safe spaces for colleagues to share, be heard, feel valued and deepen connections. Lance & flexibility: 14 Firm holidays including two floating holidays, Flex PTO, paid family leave, winter break, summer hours and remote work options, so you can balance challenging yourself with taking care of yourself.
- Professional development opportunities: A learning culture with CPA exam resources and bonuses, tuition reimbursement, a coach program, live classes, workshops and seminars offered by our Learning and Development team.
In this role, you will get to:
- See yourself as a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex accounting and business challenges by providing tax compliance and consulting services to flow-through clients in Consumer Business, including Wineries, Financial Services: Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Blockchain/Digital Asset Funds.
- Work for a leading CPA advisory firm that serves middle market clients and whose owners have both their clients' and employees' best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions.
- Contribute to your engagement team's professional growth and develop your own leadership skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow.
For this role, you will:
- Be a Licensed CPA with 5+ years’ experience in public accounting in Tax with a BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (master’s degree preferred) and providing various flow through tax compliance and consulting services to industry specific clients.
- Be a valued tax business advisor, focusing on day-to-day tax matters with various clients ranging from middle market to multinational.
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, and accounting methods.
- Have extensive experience with partnership taxation. Preferred industry experience in Consumer Business, specifically wineries.
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met.
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community.
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs.
- Enjoy friendships and social activities that encourage a work-life balance.
- Caring people who put others first
- Self-starters who embody the BPM entrepreneurial spirit
- Authentic individuals with a diverse point of view
- Lifelong learners with a drive to excel
- Resilient people who rise to the occasion
Who is successful at BPM:
BPM LLP is one of the 40 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States with a global team of over 1,200 colleagues. A Certified B Corp, the Firm works with clients in the agribusiness, consumer business, financial and professional services, life science, nonprofit, wine and craft beverage, real estate and technology industries. BPM’s diverse perspectives, expansive expertise and progressive solutions come together to create exceptional experiences for individuals and businesses around the world. To learn more, visit our website.
Pay Range - $125,000 - $175,000
The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.