Accounting & Risk Assurance Experienced Associate
BPM’s Risk Assurance practice works with businesses to help control exposure to risk, whether it’s financial, operational, regulatory or technological risk, through a strategic risk-based approach. We focus on assisting our clients with Internal Audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) readiness and implementation, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), regulatory compliance, IPO readiness, and technical accounting assistance.
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- Manage accounting services for clients including full-cycle A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Work on engagement teams and support managers on small to mid-size private company management and compilation reports.
- Provide accounting support on various projects and identify opportunities to improve business processes and internal controls.
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to work on and deliver internal audit , Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing, ERM and compliance related projects for clients in various industries.
- Participate in multiple engagements and interact with client personnel throughout the accounting life-cycle.
- Be a contributing member to the team, soaking up information and competently analyzing and prioritizing information to make appropriate recommendations and suggest solutions.
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences, as needed.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management, (Accounting preferred) with 2-5 years related experience within corporate accounting OR a Masters degree with 1-2 years experience within corporate accounting.
- Experience with full-cycle AP/AR and month-end close preferred.
- CPA or CPA in progress.
- Experience using QuickBooks, Intacct and NetSuite and/or other accounting packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with multiple clients and projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of GAAP is preferred.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
LinkedIn Code: #LI- JL1
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.