Tax Intern (Winter 2019)
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle between work and play.
Read more about BPM on Glassdoor and learn more about our key leaders on LinkedIn like Doug Schultz, Selena Yeung and Sanny Ryan. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
Interns will work as staff through busy season, working busy season hours, and experiencing what it is like to be an Associate at BPM from mid-January through the tax deadline on April 15, 2019. All interns are considered for full-time opportunities beginning Fall 2019. Depending on the intern’s availability, we are open to part-time or full-time internship schedules.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today
You have (requirements):
- Interest in a career in public accounting
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in a BS/BA/MSA/MST/Certificate Program in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- Completed the CA CPA Educational Licensure Requirements, or will have completed them by Fall 2019
- Positive, enthusiastic energy
- The people skills to work with individuals in and out of the organization
- A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn
- Leadership skills
You will (job responsibilities):
- Analyze data and prepare work papers and tax returns based on professional standards for a variety of entities and individuals
- Identify, research, and assess various tax issues while also providing information to seniors and managers
- Possess and maintain a thorough knowledge of tax laws and issues including IRS, Courts, and other regulatory bodies
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.