Corporate Services Team (CST)
BPM is looking for an Assistant Controller to join our internal Finance/Accounting team in Walnut Creek. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to come in and have an immediate impact on the company’s month-end and day to day accounting operations. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for the monthly financial statement preparation and financial reporting package and will assist the team responsible for month-end reconciliations and journal entries, day-to-day cash reconciliations, recording daily cash activity, and property business tax compliance. In this role, you will have the chance to push for process improvements and streamline our accounting operations. This is a role that could have a lasting impact on the overall processes of the accounting function, and has opportunity for career advancement!
You Have (Requirements & Skills):
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 5 to 7+ years of accounting experience.
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenging work
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Participate in the month end close by reviewing all journal entries
- Prepare preliminary financial statements in accordance with GAAP and firm policies
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package including financial statements, Key Performance Indictor reports and FTE and salary tracking reports.
- Complete month-end tasks independently
- Investigate and document fluctuations in budget to actual variance analysis
- Develop a complete understanding of BPM’s operations and collaborate closely with other departments in accounting related matters.
- Provide solutions to improve departmental efficiencies
- Implement, maintain, and enforce firm policies
- Keep up with current/upcoming GAAP accounting standards
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.