Assurance Intern (Summer 2024)
United States / Santa Rosa, CA / Sacramento, CA
Early Career – Interns - Assurance /
Assurance Intern (Job Description)
BPM – where caring and community is in our company DNA; we are always striving to be our best selves; and we’re compelled to ask the questions that lead to innovation.
At BPM, we empower individuals to grow, excel, and make a positive impact in work, life, and communities. Our entrepreneurial spirit fuels innovation, while our inclusive culture fosters belonging and value for all.
As an Assurance Intern, you will play a vital role as a valued member of a team of dedicated audit experts. You will have the valuable opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of industries, allowing you to explore industries including Blockchain, Financial Services, Real Estate, Nonprofit, and many others. We offer over 10 industry groups to cater to your specific interests as you progress your career in Public Accounting.
Follow your interests, lean into your strengths, ask questions, and grow your knowledge of audit, all with the unwavering support of a personal Coach and Buddy who will be there to empower you every step of the way.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics (BS/BA/MSA/MST/Certificate Program) and graduating between 12/1/2024 – 8/1/2025
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing or obtaining CPA (Certified Public Accountant) Educational Licensure Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to start in June 2024 and work at one of our BPM California offices: Sacramento or Santa Rosa
Our ideal colleague: Compassionate, proactive, authentic, driven, and resilient individuals who are seeking to be lifelong learners.
- You will receive comprehensive Assurance training from our Learning & Development team and key Assurance leaders who will teach you how to analyze financial statements and related disclosures to identify any material misstatements or discrepancies.
- You will learn and perform audit procedures to assess the accuracy and completeness of financial statements. This involves examining financial records, transactions, and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with accounting principles and relevant regulations.
- You will assist in evaluating and testing the effectiveness of internal control systems implemented by clients, working hand in hand with team members to deliver a quality product within the client’s time-frame.
- You will engage in regional intern events, executive speaker sessions with firm partners, and collaborate with fellow interns on a project to showcase acquired knowledge and skills.
$28 - $28 an hour
Hourly rate for this role will be $28.00. This is the hourly rate for all BPM LLP Interns United States-wide and is non-negotiable.
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.