Tax Intern- International Tax (Summer 2024)
San Francisco Bay Area
Early Career – Interns - Tax /
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. BPM offers a rich diversity in clients, industries, and overall work. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
ELE Program for CPA Eligibility: Join our ELE (Experience, Learn, and Earn) program, in collaboration with AICPA & NASBA, designed to fast-track your CPA eligibility through hands-on experience, tailored learning, and financial benefits.
What we're looking for:
- An interest in beginning a career in public accounting
- An interest in International Tax
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in a BS/BA/MS in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- An interest in working close to one of our California Offices: Irvine, Long Beach, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Monica, Santa Rosa, Walnut Creek
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to work in a team environment
- A positive attitude mixed with an innate desire to learn
- Enrolled in JD/ LLM a plus
- Basic knowledge in research and technical writing process
You can expect to:
- Participate in a week-long training with members of our Tax and Learning & Development team
- Analyze data and prepare work papers and tax returns based on professional standards for a variety of entities and individuals with focus on international issues
- Identify, research, and assess various international tax issues
- Possess and maintain a thorough knowledge of tax laws and issues including IRS, Courts, and other regulatory bodies
- Socialize with other Tax interns and staff both virtually and in-person (where possible)
- Present at the end of your internship about your experience and learnings
- Be assigned a "buddy" who will visit with you every week, answer your questions and help you with the various aspects of our process
- This is a 9-week summer internship that will begin on Thursday, June 20th 2024
- While this is a "remote" internship, interns will have an opportunity to go into the office periodically, engage in live meetings and social events
- All interns will have Friday's off
- This job pays $28/hr
- Here's what our 2022 summer interns had to say about their experience at BPM: VIDEO
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.