Tax Manager (International)
San Francisco Bay Area
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle.
Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
This position involves advising multinational families and businesses on tax implications of cross-border transactions and coordinating U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and prospective clients on consulting, compliance and tax controversy projects. You will assume a high degree of responsibility and exposure within BPM.
For example, you could be working in our IC-DISC practice, which is nationally-recognized and the largest in the U.S. BPM has over 500 IC-DISC clients across the U.S. representing all major industries, including many well-known and top-tier exporting companies. We can help you take advantage of this powerful U.S. tax incentive by quickly and reliably determining the viability and estimated benefits of the IC‐DISC in your specific circumstances.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements)
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- MS in Taxation/ JD/LLM in Taxation/ MBA -- a plus.
- CPA certification/license or admitted to practice law is required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in an international tax practice within a professional services firm or industry.
- Broad international tax technical background as a result of 5 years of relevant research, planning, and consulting experience.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and communicate potential international tax risks and planning opportunities.
- Demonstrated superior client service orientation
- Willingness to market services to existing and prospective clients
- Strong written and oral communication skills
You Will (Job Responsibilities)
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to a diverse base of corporate clients.
- Develop and deliver innovative financial planning ideas that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Oversee complex tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries.
- Ability to develop and manage the overall plan and economics of projects
- Apply creative problem solving skills to evaluate and select alternative actions to lessen international tax burdens
- Work with clients to minimize their global tax obligations
- Supervise tax staff and manage the day-to-day delivery of tax consulting services to the client.
- Develop and motivate tax seniors and associates by reviewing their work and providing them with counseling, leadership and career guidance.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.