Accounting Advisory Apprentice
Santa Monica, CA
Early Career – Apprenticeship - Accounting Advisory /
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Accounting Advisory Overview:
BPM’s Outsourced Accounting, Analytics, and Systems Advisory group (internally referred to as the Business Enterprise Services Team or "BEST") calibrates financial and accounting processes and systems to meet the demands of today’s competitive business environment. We are uniquely positioned to help with a wide range of tax, assurance (GAAP, international standards, etc.), and financial support services.
More than a “vendor”, we serve as an extension of our client’s business. We know that our clients challenges are unique – our goal is to understand what those challenges are, and to explore the financial and operational opportunities available in order to customize the right solutions. We leverage best-in-class, cloud-based accounting platforms (e.g., QuickBooks, Sage Intacct, NetSuite and other applications) to empower accounting and financial management functions with greater control and unsurpassed quality. Clients get the benefits of an enterprise solution without having to maintain one.
The BEST Apprenticeship Program:
Our Apprenticeship program is designed for individuals with practical accounting experience who also have an interest in a career in outsourced accounting in a public accounting firm environment. The apprenticeship program is year-round and offers a flexible schedule with a minimum of 16 hours a week. The successful apprentice will “graduate” to Associate Level I (full-time) upon completion of the program.
- 2-3 years of applicable work or internship experience (preferably in a bookkeeper or accountant type role in an accounting department).
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical use of Microsoft Office platforms and other accounting software applications, including Xero, QuickBooks, bill.com, Expensify, Concur, Excel.
- Intent to graduate with the qualifying number of units to sit for the CPA exam between 2023-2024.
- Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP and macros a plus).
- Interest in a career in client service and / or public accounting.
- Pursuing a BS/BA/MS degree in Accounting or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Positive, enthusiastic energy and the interpersonal skills to work with individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- A can-do attitude, a forward-thinking mindset and a hands-on approach to get the job done well.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to learn and possess an aptitude to lead.
- Actively participate in outsourced accounting services for a variety of clients.
- Learn the process and procedures of the life cycle of accounting through hands-on experience.
- Develop a strong accounting foundation through hands-on experience and learning.
- Develop the skills required for a career in outsourced accounting services.
- Research basic and intermediate accounting topics and present to more senior members of the team with your initial analysis.
- Contribute ideas and opinions to the engagement teams..
- Collaborate with clients and partner with them to deliver a quality product within their predetermined deadline.
- Perform direct accounting work on key financial statement line items such as Cash, Accounts Payable and Inventory
*The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.