Resource Planning Specialist
Corporate Services Team (CST)
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
BPM is looking for a meticulous and self-motivated individual to assist our Resource Director in overseeing the scheduling and assignment planning for Assurance professionals in our San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Rosa, and Walnut Creek offices. This person will also serve as a key contact with the Assurance Managers and all Assurance employees to successfully address issues relating to staff scheduling / assignments.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- B.A. degree OR equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years in a professional services role, heavy administrative support and/or HR experience OR 1-2 years in a resource planning/coordinating role.
- Familiarity with public accounting audit engagements a plus.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, facilitation, project management, and change management skills.
- Ability to adapt to different challenges, and listen/respond to others.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees from entry level to executives.
- Strong computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word; Ability and desire to master resourcing software, audit engagement software and Time & Billing software.
- Ability to travel to all offices: San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Rosa and Walnut Creek as needed.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Drive greater efficiency in resource deployment by providing business stakeholders with visibility/options of resource capacity, capabilities and conflict resolution.
- Coordinate frequent scheduling meetings with Resource Manager and Assurance managers to address resource needs, conflicts and any other issues.
- Continuously build strong relationships with managers and staff in order to drive resourcing initiatives.
- Balancing the needs of staff and clients for the purpose of maximizing utilization and the experience of the staff.
- Work with Resource Manager in developing/maintaining staff matrix.
- Review staff utilization/headcount report with Resource Manager and discuss plans to address efficiency.
- Review resourcing forecast reports and address requirements, proposed solutions and ensure chargeable hours are in line with previous year.
- Become expert in firm resourcing tool, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Interact with HR staff firm-wide to coordinate new hire schedules, training schedules, and other HR related activity including performance evaluations.
- Orient new employees on scheduling policies and procedures.
- Monitor Quality Control (QC) deadlines and report to QC Committee monthly.
LinkedIn Code: #LI-AW1
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.